Had a great time in London for my summer class! Here are a couple of photos of the places I was able to go...in my spare time.

Where I stayed - dorms for University of Westminster

View from my flat
THURSDAY EVENING

The British Museum - saw most of Rome, what isn't still there at least
SATURDAY - group trip to points outside of London

Windsor Castle - the Queen was home when we were there

Salisbury Cathedral - only cathedral in the UK that is all one style

Stonehenge, need I even tell you
SUNDAY - although it looked stormy most of the day, it never actually rained, weird for London

Buckingham Palace - saw the changing of the guards, with about a million other people!

Tower Bridge (no, not London Bridge)

Tower of London - saw the crown jewels...and where they beheaded people, nice combo
THURSDAY - the only day it really rained while I was there, but the sun came back out

Look kids...Big Ben, Parliament (got to sit in on a hearing earlier in the week as part of our class activities)

Westminster Abbey - very cool! lots of famous dead people buried here

The National Gallery at Trafalgar Square - saw all those paintings that you had to memorize the 5 things about in art history class
No comments:
Post a Comment