Well, someone always gets sick on a Rose Bowl trip...and this year, the lucky winner is, first timer, me! At least the Rose Bowl plane mishap this year put my two brothers in first class for one leg of their journey to LA today.
So since I'm wide awake, thought I'd catch on my trip blog...starting with some photos from the first day. Lovely visitors center in West Virginia:
Check off another state capitol building: Charleston, WV
Stayed the first night just over the border in Indiana:
Didn't take long to get to Missouri the next morning:
St. Louis Arch/Mississippi River from the car window:
Who knew there was a Churchill Museum in the middle of Missouri? My Dad remembered that he gave his famous 'iron curtain' speech at some small school and we just happened to stumble upon it. It was Westminster College in Fulton, MO. Very nice museum, I recommend it if you're ever in that neck of the woods. (there was even a whole room/display dedicated to his insults)
It was housed in the basement of a Christopher Wren church moved from London:
There was also a large section of the Berlin Wall there:
Then on to another state capitol building - Jefferson City, MO:
Also the site of the Lewis and Clark landing:
On to Kansas...that's when I started to not fell well.
We stayed in Burlington, CO on night 2. The next day I slept thru most of the Rockies. It was a weird weather day - 60's in Denver, over the snow covered mountains (and lots of traffic) and then just hours later, 15 degrees in Utah. There was snow on the ground through the entire state. This was the welcome center for Utah on I-70, boy was the bathroom cold!:
Night 3 we started looking for a place to stay after Las Vegas...and ended up all the way in Barstow, CA. Only 2 hours away from my brother's place in LA, but it was getting too late to push on.Spent the day today walking around downtown LA...pics later.
We Are...Penn State! (that's tomorrow...or, um, later today now really)
No comments:
Post a Comment