UPDATE: And Tuesday (7/14) I got to tour the Pentagon with a group from work! Sorry no pictures were allowed. Actually no electronic devices at all were allowed.
My friend Lauren used to work at OMB, and one of the perks is being able to give small tours of the West Wing. Thanks Lauren for inviting me!
Entrance to West Wing:
The gals:
Another entrance to the West Wing:
West view of the main part of the White House:
Standing guard:
The one place inside where we could take pictures...the Press Briefing Room:
Taking pictures:
Each news station had their own seat...here is NBC's:
My friend Antonio started a free walking tour business - Square Planet Tours (http://www.squareplanettours.com). I went on his inaugural tour on July 2 at 7:04pm.
The U.S. Supreme Court:
The U.S. Capitol Building:
The Library of Congress:
The Capitol building from the Mall side...they were setting up for the 4th of July concert on the steps (red and blue lights under the white tent):
Then I went to the National Zoo with a few friends on my day off. Wanted to see the baby gorilla, Kibibi, which was born in January.
Here is momma, with baby sitting in her lap:
There was also a baby anteater which was playing with momma, so cute!
Jiyoung and her son Minjae having fun watching the beavers:
This one looks like he's pointing for me to look at something:
The red panda (Kelsey did you get a good pic? I'll send you this one if you didn't):
A tiger who actually likes the water?
For Kam - TURTLES!
And of course, I spent most of my time watching the miniature donkeys:
Have to go back when the petting zoo is open:)
Good use for playground equipment (yes, those are goats):
July 4th - I decided to brave the Mall with some friends to view the fireworks. Having grown up in Maryland, I don't think I had ever done this. We got a good spot on the sidewalk in from of the Lincoln Memorial. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it'd be.
Here's our view, toward the Washington Monument, the fireworks were set off from the reflecting pool:
Here are some pics from the big show:
You can see the capitol building in the background of this one, just to the left of the Washington Monument:
Look at all the smoke:
The finale:
2 comments:
Great pics Kiri! It is good to get out and enjoy everything our city has to offer! Were you at the Zoo for the Panda's b-day party?
Love the pics!
Post a Comment