Saturday, November 14, 2009

OBX Marathon Cheering Squad

Ahh, nothing like going to the beach in November!
Although it was too cold to go swimming, that didn't stop the surfers:So why was I at the beach in November you ask? I went to cheer on some friends who were running the Outer Banks Marathon last Sunday. The whole town was really into it too, with billboards around town like this one:
While there, the rest of the cheering squad and I visited Bodie Lighthouse, and some of us bought pirate books (and it wasn't me)
For reasons I don't really remember now - maybe because I've been to the OBX so many times and have so many pictures already - I decided to start playing around with photographing my lucky Eeyore who travels everywhere with me (yes, everywhere - Eeyore's been all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Tokyo, Rwanda, England, Costa Rica...)
Rest of cheering squad in background of this one: Being eaten by a zebra:
Sunset at Jockey's Ridge State Park (probably, no definitely, my most favorite place to visit in OBX):Cheering squad at sunset the night before the marathon:More sunset at Jockey's Ridge pics:
Sunday morning was the marathon. I didn't take any pictures, but my friend did. If you want to check out her photos, click HERE. Our friend Brian qualified for the Boston marathon! Boston in April anyone?
Here are the signs I made:
Last few moments at the beach:
For more of my pictures, click HERE.
Oh, how I love the OBX...I hope to see you again soon!

No comments: