With grad school mostly done, I took a mini vacay to AZ and CA to visit friends and family. While a blizzard was pounding the east coast, I was in my rental convertible driving around with the top down!

I stayed with my friend Maria in Ahwatukee, here's her tree:

We went on a hike at my old stomping ground, South Mountain Park:



(AZ sunset...looking north toward Camelback Mountain)

Also, climbed "A" Mountain. Hard to get a good view of the yellow ASU "A" while on the mountain:

View of downtown Phoenix from the top:

Camelback and Papago:

ASU Sun Devil Stadium:

Tempe, with its new really tall buildings:

Besides the three wise men (see next post), and a star, there was also a menorah on A Mtn:

Abandoned grainery near downtown Tempe:


New parking garage on Tempe Town Lake:

weird, Mystery Castle-esque garden at a house in Scottsdale:


(yes, that's a buddha...there were a bunch of them)
No comments:
Post a Comment