Zoolights at the National Zoo a few weeks ago:






What the heck is this supposed to be?
Oh, I get it now...I think...
Since it was night time, most of the animals were sleeping:



Back in September, I went to the National Book Festival on the Mall with my mom:
Getting a book signed by Lee Child for my mom:
Meeting one of my favorite authors - Michael Connelly:
Another fav - James Patterson - but his line was sooooo long, so I just snuck a pic:
Yet another fav - John Irving:
John Grisham before his security team ran me over:
Judy Blume:
Labor day weekend I finally made it back to one of my favorite places - Acadia! It was my dad's first trip to Maine, now he only has 1 state left to visit (Alaska)Bar Harbor from atop Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park:
Moonrise from Cadillac Mountain:
Sunset from the other side of Cadillac Mtn:
Our hike the next day:
Most photographed spot in America:
Typical Maine town:
We also visited the ME capital - Augusta:
And we also stopped at the NY capital - Albany - on the way: 
Inside the capitol:
Another stop in NY, on the way home this time - President Van Buren's home Lindenwald and his gravesite just down the road:


We also found several civil war general's graves, and a vice president.Why not check a state highpoint off the list too...we stopped at Mount Greylock, the MA highpoint, on the way home:

In April, I started a new job at the EPA. This is my building:
It's on the Mall, directly across from the American History Museum. I work in the building with the red roof, in the lowest full box shown:
Here's my cubicle:
I had the opportunity to meet the EPA Administrator, Lisa Jackson, this summer (look for me in the background on the right):
In March, I took a nasty spill on my bicycle going to class...yes, that's actually my swollen hand and not just a blown up surgical glove. I'll spare you all the busted face pic;)
Over spring break, one of my classmates and I went to Mt. Vernon, George Washington's home...we thought it appropriate since we go to GW University:


George and Martha's graves:
Going back even further, in February I went to Hershey with friends:

Look, chocolate is good for you! Or at least better than a lot of other things:
So I think I'll have a little...
No comments:
Post a Comment