My last day in Casper, and we went for a walk around the Platte River Commons, a former AMOCO oil refinery site right downtown which was turned into a park after a big cleanup
The geese sure liked the golf course (Natrona Co High School in the background)
A display in the park showing the oil refinery then, and the golf course today
Some left over equipment...
...that Eeyore enjoyed hanging out on
Then it was time to head back to Denver to visit friends...one being an old walking buddy
Luckily I've been to this Capitol before, since it was being renovated when I was there this time
I also took the tour of the U.S. Mint, something I have always wanted to do in Denver but it never worked out...got to see them making the new state quarters (a National Park/Historic Site for each state...in the order they became parks)



No comments:
Post a Comment