Itching to go on a road trip, my friend Mandy and I headed to Richmond for the day on Presidents Day Weekend. Amazingly, we did not hit ANY traffic on I-95 (unheard of!).
Richmond's art sculpture of choice was the fish:
We walked by John Marshall's house...it was not open on Sundays so I will have to go back:
We then headed to the Museum of the Confederacy, which had a cowboy(?) themed fish:
We skipped the museum, but did the tour of the White House of the Confederacy. It does not look that white to me...
This is actually the back, but looks grander than the front. We had an excellent tour guide who knew a ton about President Jefferson Davis.
Next stop, the Virginia State Capitol. I had been to this one before, but do not remember going inside. So we checked out the new fancy visitors center. Well worth the visit!
Every capitol needs a statue of George Washington...
...or two
Senate chambers:
House chambers:
Me trying to be artsy:
The Bell Tower, I am pretty sure that is Virginia's Liberty Bell up there, but could not confirm it:
We also drove down Monument Street, to see all the huge mansions and civil war general statues (and one of Arthur Ashe)
Here is my brother's namesake...Stonewall Jackson:
Driving around at sunset, we stumbled upon a little park overlooking the city, I thought this was a pretty nice view:
No comments:
Post a Comment