Check out more about PACK here.
On this cold October morning, I joined PACK for the first time to run 3 miles through Rock Creek Park with the dogs. I just couldn't resist taking pictures of the cuties after the run...here are a few:
"I'm not tired, I'm ready to run a few more miles"
(they were so much better behaved than I thought...most know "sit")
Getting a good belly rub after the run!
And of course lots of treats too...
"Where are my treats?"
All of these dogs are up for adoption at the Washington Humane Society!
I also want to share that the more I learn about the Washington Humane Society, the more I like them and want to support them. So I've actually since started volunteering at adoption events as well! (partially because the government shutdown thwarted my plans to start running with PACK in early October since Rock Creek Park was closed) Everyone I've met, staff and volunteers, have all been wonderful people. In my short time volunteering, I've already seen so many dogs and cats find their forever home. It's such a good feeling :-)









No comments:
Post a Comment