Saturday, February 21, 2015

February Snow!

Two snow storms this week!  Not the 2 footer I was predicting for President's Day Weekend, but I'll take it!  The first storm was Tuesday, the second on Saturday.

Good thing I didn't need to go anywhere in my car...I did clean it off, but since the road wasn't plowed yet, I didn't shovel around it (big mistake for later when I did need to drive it...because the snow was frozen solid)

Then went for a walk around my 'hood...

Was surprised how many people had already been out walking in Rock Creek Park...look at all the footprints by 10am

The creek wasn't quite frozen over...but something looks like it made it across

The ducks looked cold

Another view of the mostly frozen Rock Creek

More fun shots from the neighborhood...




When the second storm started on Saturday morning...Dilly was already bored with all the snow

I met a friend for lunch and it was snowing too hard to take photos on the way there, but I snapped a few on the way back...the roads were a mess!

Yes, this is the intersection of 16th Street and Columbia Road (both snow emergency routes)

My poor car getting buried again...at least I can check on it from my window now

Dilly got a little more excited about the snow as it continued...


Oh, wait, it's just a squirrel on the fence...

Ginger even woke up from her day long nap to check out the snow...

No comments: