Here's the municipal building where my meeting was.
Yes, that's a basket of Easter eggs out front, since Easter in Bulgaria was the following Sunday.
And there was a little free library out front! But not an official one.
Folks I met with (Deputy Mayor in the middle with the gift bag).
After the meeting, I had a little time on my hands before the treatment plant tour, so I got to walk around downtown.
Did I mention that Dimitrovgrad was a planned communist town?
There were remnants of its former life.
There is always lots of park space in every town I've visited.
Big grand buildings, to make you feel small (at least that's what I was told).
And, um, this was just too weird not to share. It was in a kids playground behind the municipal building.
(if you can't read the bottom, it says "My name is Buggy Fon Baraba. I'm a monster, but I'm a cowboy too!")
Oh, and to get to Dimitrovgrad from Gabrovo, we had to cross the Balkan Mountain Range. This is what the GPS showed for our path. What a fun ride. Glad I wasn't driving!








No comments:
Post a Comment