The Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom a few weeks ago! And I actually had time this year to go see them!!

I was up before dawn one day to volunteer for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler:

I was at the last water stop, about mile 8.75, on Haines Point:

That's alotta cups!

The highest we stacked 'em was 4 tiers high:

Took a lot longer than I thought it would to fill up all these cups!

Toward the end of the race, it was a pretty scene with all the pink and green:

We could see the Washington Monument from our water stop (which was near the finish)

After the race, I tried to run home, but stopped a lot to take pics (and b/c there were so many people you had to walk)

Quintessential Jefferson Memorial shot (everyone gets one of these)

Of course, you know me, had to get a shot with all the porta-potties!

President Obama viewing the blossoms? There were three helicopters...but more likely it was just flight training:

The line for the paddle boats was LONG, but I can understand why:

Do they really need this sign? That's what people came to see, the low hanging limbs:

At least it was a beautiful weekend! (the following weekend it poured rain most of the time)
No comments:
Post a Comment