Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tofurkey Day Weekend

I had a Thanksgiving weekend full of family and friends, and minimal school work which was nice. I saw my Cousin David on Wed night. On Tofurkey Day, I went to the National Zoo, since it's right in my backyard, with family before dinner. We saw the zoolights, although it wasn't dark so we didn't actually see the lights (going on Friday tho!):
Cool gargoyles:
Of course, we had to spend time with my favorite - the miniature donkeys!
The starfish were very photogenic:
This guy was pretty friendly:
And these guys were creepy, and huge!:Jellyfish are always mesmerizing:
Tried to see the baby gorilla, but mamma and baby weren't out anywhere. But this orangutan had fun playing peek-a-boo with us:
Chin-ups next:But we did get to see the baby anteater, except it's not really a 'baby' anymore:
Yup, that's the baby on its mommy's back (see video at bottom):
Being fed, of all things, peanut butter:
Stegosaurus, Mom, & Mike:
My mommy & I:
The vegetarian feast:
Friday I went to my brother's for a little and watched my niece and nephew play video games, I mean, hung out with them:
One of my nephews made a present for his mommy:
Then Saturday, after shopping with friends, I was off to my other brothers to check out his kitchen renovation status and take my dad out to dinner for his bday. New island:Marion trying to get me to look at the new tile:Oh yeah, did I mention my brother runs a zoo? Zuni, his rescued greyhound:His latest foster:And I missed getting a pic of his more aloof other cat.
That night my dad and I went to see They Might Be Giants at the 9:30 Club:
Yes, those are sock puppets on the screen..."they" sang two of the songs:Screen now shows audience:
Toward the end, they shot confetti out of canons...this is the floor after everyone left:
Baby anteater video:

No comments: