Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And now for something completely different...

...lion cubs! Awww

Crowds viewing the 7 new lion cubs at the National Zoo:
Picture with the most lions:
Following the Mammas around:The cubs were very playful, just like domesticated kittens:
Proud Pappa:
Let's pounce on him:
However they chew on stuff like puppies:
Even Momma chews on things:Waiting for the bell to ring promptly at 1:30 to be let back inside:
(for my DC friends, the best time to view the cubs is from 12:30-1:30pm)

The zoo has other babies...although sometimes people forget. The day I was there was also the 1st bday for the Andean cubs:
Playing with their bday present:

And what's a trip to the zoo without visiting the miniature donkeys!

2 comments:

Felicity said...

Aww,when I see baby lion pictures I can really understand how people might want one. You should come to our zoo. It's pretty good, I hear! Oh and totally not a party zoo.

Heather K. said...

So cute, and so many! So did they bring in the female lion from somewhere?