Sunday, May 20, 2012

OBX!


My Dad is debating selling his timeshare in Duck, NC, so I used it for maybe the last time this year.
Here's the resort:

Of course, the first thing we did was go to my favorite place - Jockey's Ridge State Park - to play on the sand dunes:


There were tons of kiteboarders on the sound side:


It was a great place to test out Buck's new kite:

We hung out by the pool, since the ocean was a little too cold.  I'm glad I didn't have to worry about catching any communicable diseases (see Rule #8):

We also visited another one of my favorite spots to the south - Hatteras Lighthouse:


A storm was rolling in while we were there, we only got caught in the rain a little:

The storm didn't deter the surfers:

Eeyore on the spot where the lighthouse used to be, before they moved it further inland a few years ago (you can see it in the background):

Ahhh, I love walking on the beach:

One day we headed up north to the Currituck Lighthouse in Corolla:

We also went on a few bike rides and I got to explore parts of the island I have never been to:

All the places I want to go next (LOL):

We saw lots of wildlife (sandpipers on the beach are always hard to photograph...check out the one flying:





Buck wanted to eat this guy for lunch:

I got up close and personal with some Osprey (I think I was too close to their nest):


This deer was not afraid of us, even on our bikes:

The first hurricane of the season was moving up the coast...the ocean was starting to churn already:

No comments: