Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas

Before I run out of days in January, I am posting my first "new recipe" entry.  I decided that one of my new years resolutions (I had many this year) was to try 1 or 2 new recipes a month, and then blog about them here (for accountability).

For my first post, I decided to go easy...and what's easier than enchiladas!  Well, at least using this recipe I found on a blog I recently discovered called Vegan Heartland.  (It also has lots of yummy desserts, so I'll have to try one of those recipes too!)  Except for not having any tomatoes, I actually had all the rest of the ingredients on hand (which made it easier as well).

[Note, I only had reduced fat Kaas cheese, and it doesn't shred that well.  The regular version shreds much better, so I'll be sure to use that next time.]

Here are a few pics:
Before...

After...

 Not super pretty, but they tasted good...

Recipe credits:  Vegan Heartland (http://www.vegan-heartland.com/2011/12/black-bean-and-rice-enchiladas.html)

No comments: