To cross his Florida race off the list, my brother decided to run the ultra at the Clearwater Running Festival. Saying what the heck, I decided to run the 5 mile.
It was an early start...still dark out
A decent sized race, but not too big...here's the crowd at the start
The sun was just starting to come up as we started the race
I can take pictures behind me, and still get my head in the photo too!
My race basically ran across this bridge and back...it was a long bridge
I was able to run with my brother for the first 2.5 miles since all the races started together...but I think he was slumming it with me running only 8:30 min/mile pace (I was busting my butt, and he was jogging at his 31 mile race pace)
Thank goodness I got to turn around after 2.5 miles. He had 28.5 more to go!
The view of the sunrise on the way back was beautiful...
We ran down this curly-cue pedestrian ramp, which after 4.5 miles, made you a little dizzy
Yay - the finish line!
Then it was off to catch my brother...first stop was around Mile 15
Elmo waiting for him to approach around Mile 21
My new friend :-)
Elmo made it to the podium when my brother accepted his award for 3rd in his age group
Amazing...she's completed FOUR marathons in every state!
Well deserved post-race ice cream cone
My metal and bib




No comments:
Post a Comment