Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy 2015!

Happy New Year!  Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, prosperous new year!

It's that time of year to make your resolutions that you don't usually keep.  I don't remember many of mine, but here are a few that were lifestyle changes I've stuck to:

  • Vowed to become vegetarian in 1998 and have been ever since.
  • Three years ago I decided to go vegan at home and I've done a decent job at that.
  • Last year I decided to give up soda.  I maybe had only a dozen or so the whole year, and some of those were homemade local sodas while on vacation or from the farmers market (so they don't count, right?).  I hope this one becomes a lifestyle change as well.

So what is my resolution this year?  I want to get out hiking and kayaking more.  What you say...I already do both of those things?  Yeah, but by no means to the extent I used to.

I did make an effort last year to kayak more, and went 4 or 5 times.  That's a good start.  And yes the shelter dogs and the iPAW program have gotten me out hiking a lot more this year than in years past.  It's been mostly in Rock Creek Park though.  A few pics of those adventures:




So if you're still reading this, and you like to hike and kayak too, let me know!


No comments: