Sunday, January 4, 2015

State Capitols I Have Visited

It is about time I tried to figure out which State Capitols I have left to visit (so I can plan my next vacation...haha) or which ones I need to revisit so I can go inside this time.  I surprised even myself with calculating that I only have ELEVEN left!  Although I've actually driven through some of those capital cities, it was before I was making an effort to visit the capitol, so I don't even remember if I saw the capitol building or not.

Here is my compilation below.  I will periodically update this post as I visit more.  I have included links if I've blogged about visits (even if they weren't necessarily my first visit) or posted them on Photobucket.  For the missing ones, I will try to dig up printed photos and scan them.  I know, old school.

Total visited:  39 (as of the end of 2014)
Total need to revisit (to go inside):  13  (AL, CA, DE, FL, KS, KY, ME, MS, NH, OK, RI, SC, VT)
Total left to visit:  11  (ID, LA, MI, MT, NE, NV, ND, OR, TX, UT, WA)

1) Montgomery, AL
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2008/12/happy-holidays.html
Need to RETURN to go inside - same road trip as FL - more photos here

2) Juneau, AK
http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/kiri-in-dc/library/Alaska%202014/Juneau
My last state - 2014 - blog post here (although no photos)

3) Phoenix, AZ
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2008/12/azmx-trip-post-3-phoenix.html
All the years I lived there, I never went in the capitol, until one of my return visits

4) Little Rock, AR
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2009/01/rose-bowl-trip-conti.html
Rose Bowl trip - same road trip as MO

5) Sacramento, CA
Need to RETURN to go inside - visited in 2006

6) Denver, CO
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2009/07/and-then-on-todenver.html
First visit when I went inside - had been to Denver before

7) Hartford, CT
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2008/08/saturday-in-park.html
ME road trip with Grandma and Kid A - same road trip as NH and VT - more photos here

8) Dover, DE
Need to RETURN to go inside - visited in the late 1990s

9) Tallahassee, FL
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2008/12/happy-holidays.html
Need to RETURN to go inside - same road trip as AL - more photos here

10) Atlanta, GA
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/this-timeatlanta.html
First visit when I went inside - had been to Atlanta before

11) Honolulu, HI
http://kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2014/03/hi-day-7-honolulu-capitol.html
Friends' wedding trip to Maui - spent a few days in Honolulu on the way home

12) Boise, ID**
Need to visit

13) Springfield, IL
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2013/06/wy-road-trip-day-2.html
WY trip - same road trip as SD and WI

14) Indianapolis, IN
Road trip from MD to AZ in 2005 - same road trip as OK

15) Des Moines, IA
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/49th-state-and-26-miles.html
Grandma's marathon trip - same road trip as MN

16) Topeka, KS
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2013/06/wy-road-trip-day-3.html
Need to RETURN to go inside - had been before (at least as early as 2005)

17) Frankfort, KY
Need to RETURN to go inside - road trip to MD from AZ in 2005

18) Baton Rouge, LA**
Need to visit

19) Augusta, ME
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2009/12/missing-tripsevents-of-2009.html
Need to RETURN to go inside - same road trip as NY

20) Annapolis, MD
First time inside I think was when my cross country team won the State Championship my Junior year of HS

21) Boston, MA
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/boston.html
First visit when I went inside - had been to Boston before

22) Lansing, MI**
Need to visit

23) St. Paul, MN
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/49th-state-and-26-miles.html
Grandma's marathon trip - same road trip as IA

24) Jackson, MS
Need to RETURN to go inside - road trip moving back home from AZ in December 2007

25) Jefferson City, MO
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2009/01/wide-awake-at-3am-doh-knew-i-shouldnt.html
Rose Bowl trip - same as road trip AR

26) Helena, MT**
Need to visit

27) Lincoln, NE**
Need to visit - have driven through Lincoln

28) Carson City, NV**
Need to visit

29) Concord, NH
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2008/08/one-cheesecake-brownie.html
Need to RETURN to go inside - same road trip as CT and VT - more photos here

30) Trenton, NJ
http://kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2013/08/new-jersey-state-capitol.html
Road trip with Mom

31) Santa Fe, NM
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2010/03/part-7-nm-capitol.html
First visit when I went inside - had been to Santa Fe before

32) Albany, NY
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2009/12/missing-tripsevents-of-2009.html
Same road trip as ME

33) Raleigh, NC
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2011/11/tofurkey-day-in-raleigh.html
Had been to Raleigh before (a lot as a kid) - this was my most recent visit

34) Bismarck, ND**
Need to visit

35) Columbus, OH
http://kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2013/05/columbus.html
First visit when I went inside - had been to Columbus before (road trip from MD to AZ in 2005)

36) Oklahoma City, OK
Need to RETURN to go inside - road trip to MD from AZ in 2005 - same trip as IN

37) Salem, OR**
Need to visit

38) Harrisburg, PA
Have been to Harrisburg many times - remember going inside capitol in college

39) Providence, RI
Need to RETURN to go inside - visited in 2007 on road trip to visit U of RI

40) Columbia, SC
Need to RETURN to go inside - visited in 2001

41) Pierre, SD
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2013/06/wy-road-trip-day-12.html
WY trip - same road trip as IL and WI

42) Nashville, TN
Road trip in TN (conference) and NC (family wedding) in 2004

43) Austin, TX**
Need to visit

44) Salt Lake City, UT**
Need to visit - have been to SLC before

45) Montpelier, VT
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2008/08/one-cheesecake-brownie.html
Need to RETURN to go inside - same road trip as CT and NH - more photos here

46) Richmond, VA
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2013/02/richmond-road-trip.html
Had been to Richmond before - this was my most recent visit

47) Olympia, WA**
Need to visit

48) Charleston, WV
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2012/07/3-generation-roadtrip-day-4.html
Had been to Charleston before - this was a more recent visit when I went inside - another blog post is here

49) Madison, WI
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2013/06/wy-road-trip-day-13.html
WY trip - same road trip as IL and SD

50) Cheyenne, WY
http://www.kkwatergirl.blogspot.com/2014/12/cheyenne.html
First visited in 2005 - but this blog post was the first time I went inside the capitol - another blog post is here

No comments: