Sunday, January 24, 2016

Photos from Snowzilla 2016

Fourth largest snowfall in DC history - named "Snowzilla"
The storm started Friday afternoon, and by evening my building was having a happy hour. I didn't wander out until early Saturday with some neighbors and their pups.

Here's my building:

The neighbors and pups:


Me and Denali, and all his ice balls:

In the afternoon, I went for a walk to the grocery store with some other neighbors. The weather conditions had definitely taken a turn for the worse.

Columbia Road:


Ontario Place:

Adams Morgan - 18th Street:

(way too many people were out...yes, including me)


Adams Morgan - Columbia Road (cannot even see Perry's and Mintwood Place):

Even the trucks were getting stuck...

These crafty folks got out and weighed the back down to get the truck free...

More Columbia Road pics on the walk back home: 

 

16th and Columbia:


The next morning, the sun was shining (even though it was really cold). I went out to uncover my car and was worried I wouldn't be able to find it! 

But at least the back was partially windblown so I could make sure it was mine:

After snow removal...but still had a 4 foot wall of snow next to me, so that was it for today:

Then I went for a walk to Van Ness (and took way too many photos...here are some).

Mt Pleasant Street:


Hobart Street:


Irving Street - yes, there's a car under there:



 

Adams Mill Road:



Rock Creek Park:




Porter Street:




Cleveland Park:



 
Woodley Park:


Calvert Street:



Lanier Street:
 

 

Argonne Road:


Harvard Street (back home):


No comments: