Monday, January 11, 2016

Bei Bei

Ho-hum, there's another baby panda at the National Zoo. Now that there's been two in recent years, you'd think it's not as special, but it still is.

I must admit though, I have a love/hate relationship with zoos in general. But I still like that the National Zoo is in my backyard and I can go anytime to watch the animals. I think I could stay all day watching some of them, including the new baby panda, Bei Bei.

But not to forget about two year old Bao Bao already...she was out wandering around the yard and was quite active.



The sign said Bei Bei might be asleep, but he wasn't!


Here he is mimicking mama, even though we don't think he was actually eating the bamboo yet (he's only about 4 1/2 months old


Close-up


Chewing on mama is fun!

Mama was exhausted after a long play date

Even though my pictures didn't show it...this is what my view really looked like much of the time...

Also excited to see the red pandas who are back after a two year hiatus!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Pandas are stupid cute! Thanks for going with me.