Sunday, May 8, 2016

PACK in Sofia!

I heard that the local animal shelter here welcomed volunteers on the weekends to come help walk the dogs.  Unfortunately the shelter is a ways out of town and difficult to get to if you don't have a car.  So it took me a few weeks, but a coworker wanted to go (thank you Jackie!), and I finally made it!!  My PACK withdrawal was starting to get to me...

The shelter is fairly new, just a few years old I think, so the kennels are actually quite nice.


Although they have multiple pups in pretty much every kennel.

The first dog I walked - George - was blind.  There were many obstacles walking around the shelter, so I had to be careful.

It was no Rock Creek Park, but the property was fairly large, so you could walk a decent loop.

Dog #2 - a puppy!


Although he wasn't very happy about being on a leash. 

 After the walk, the puppies got to hang out in one of the outside play areas for awhile, and we got to help socialize them. 

It was great to see so many volunteers there to help walk the dogs!

The pups patiently waited their turn to be walked.

And there was a second kennel full of puppies!




I of course had a favorite (don't tell the other pups), this sweet girl, Mommy Eka.

She would not let me leave, continuing to jump up and "hug" me.
I'm happy to report that she made her way to a shelter in Germany where she'll definitely find her furever home soon!

[If you haven't heard me talk about PACK before, then I'm very surprised ;-)  But you can read about it in my 2014 and 2015 posts.]

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OMG, they are all so adorable. I love that fluffy Eka. She seems like a little love nugget.