Thursday, March 25, 2010

Part 2 - The Race - Moab, UT

So, I went to Moab to run a half marathon with some friends. Here's the gang, minus one:
Walking to the start:
First race I've run in awhile where more people lined up in the back, rather than upfront in the 6:00 min pace:
Getting geared up:
And we're off:
Started off downhill (well, most of the race was downhill actually), and this is one of the few pictures I took where you can actually see the Colorado River too:
Decorative cheerer:
1st water stop, at mile 2, had the best theme:
Even the port-a-potty was decorated:Along the course:
Go # 4!
Drummers near mile 10:
Only 65 miles to Canyonlands!
Finally entering Moab:
We ran right by our hotel at mile 12...so hard not to stop:
Finally, the finish!
It was such a beautiful run - I highly recommend it! So, if you want to run next year, the lottery opens around November...

2 comments:

Felicity said...

If I do it, would you do it again with me?

I love all of your pictures--Southern Utah is my favorite place. we went to Moab and Canyonlands a couple of years ago on vacation--I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

you went to my home state!! Isn't it so beautiful!