Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 PACK Recap - Year 4

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Another year, another year of pups!  This is my annual blog post containing all the pups I ran behind, strolled with, and/or transported to PACK in 2017 (and maybe a few cats too...).  Don't know what PACK is?  Check out my past blogs from Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3.

JANUARY

Sparky

Daisy

FEBRUARY

Polka
(she was a long timer)

Summer
(another long timer)

MARCH

Smokey

Summer (again)

Bossie (later renamed Minnie Mouse)
(I didn't run or transport her, but knew her from my volunteering in other capacities, and was so happy she could attend PACK!)

Mar 25th - Special Edition PACK - @IGDC photographers joined us.
I transported Polka again
PACK Leaders

APRIL

Maggie

Participated in the Hello Spring 5k with:
Xena
(she really liked sticks, I mean, really liked them)

Taking it easy with Easy

 Snipit

We now interrupt this regularly scheduled dog programming to include a cat!
I started fostering in 2017 and this kitty was lucky #1 and camped out at my place for 3 months before finding his furever home.
Opaline (I called him Opie for short, he's now Louis)

MAY

PACK headed to Day of the Dog 5k on the 13th:
Shasta

Kobe
(another long timer)

An annual PACK tradition - Poplar Spring Run for the Animals on May 21st.
Peak

Obi
 (found out by accident that he knew roll over!)

JUNE

Remy

Marnie
(first pup to ride in my new dogmobile!)

Marnie (again)
(she went home that afternoon from an adoption event, and I just happened to be there and got to meet her new mom and dad!)

Wilmington
(showing his appreciation to be out of the shelter for a few hours)

JULY

Royce

Marble

AUGUST

Dutchess

Transported Cinderalla...
...but ran with Roxy

With the shelter running out of space before 'Clear the Shelters' I took in Jello for just a week.  But then when he didn't go home at the event, I took him back in until he got adopted a month later!

SEPTEMBER

K Kay

Apache

OCTOBER

Lady
(another long timer - who is still available for adoption! - currently in foster at least)

NOVEMBER

Was so excited to take Prince to PACK!
(spent a lot of time with him in my other volunteer capacity)

Special Thanksgiving PACK
Ezio

Blanca (might be the faster adoption after PACK ever...she went home within 1 hour of the shelter opening)
(Blanca was from Puerto Rico, arrived with Noel below, part of the efforts to help animals after Hurricane Maria)

DECEMBER

Noel (formerly Negrita)

Joffrey

Pogo

Elvin (another pup I didn't transport or run with, but volunteered with in another capacity - so happy he could join us at PACK a few times!)

Lastly, right before Xmas, a call went out for fosters since there's usually a lull around the holidays. I had been thinking about signing up again, so...
I introduce you to Nilla
She's still available for adoption if you know anyone looking!

No comments: