HAPPY 2017!!
It's time for my annual post of all the pups I ran with in the past year. For those of you who are new to my blog and/or do not already know, I volunteer with the local animal shelter taking pups out on Saturday morning for a run in a nearby park. It is my favorite thing in the world to do these days and I am so glad I can share my time to help these sweet, lovable pups get ready for their furever homes.
Our group is called PACK - People and Animal Cardio Klub. This year the Washington Humane Society and the Washington Animal Rescue League combined forces and are now known as the Humane Rescue Alliance. I now volunteer at the Oglethorpe location. If you are looking for a new running buddy - please let me know!
So...picking up from where I left off last year...
One of my reoccurring running buddies the end of 2015 - 9 years young Blossom - went to foster in January and later finally went to her furever home!
Cooper was the first to go home this year, but not until after I got in another run with him
Before the shelters merged, we were still doing iPAW (sorta like individual PACK) - here I am taking sweet Nia for one of several hikes
With a massive snow storm predicted the end of January, I headed to the shelter to get some pups out before getting pent up for a few days. It started snowing while I was out with tripod Gloria and she LOVED it!
Some weeks we have soooo many volunteers, which is fantastic, especially when you have a pup like Timpani Taylor who has trouble walking, since it took an army to take turns carrying TT
February united me with this lovey Patches for one run...
...and an Angel
My next iPAW adventure was with deaf Whinnie
And my next PACK run was with Zestar, who took several tries to get this selfie
There are always lots of outtakes trying to get a good picture of a pup in the car
I again ran with Angel, who really liked riding in cars
Then another iPAW outing this time with Titus
Yes, occasionally we *may* dress the pups up for photos, and some like it more than others, like Kiro here, I mean the Easter Bunny
The shelters merged in April, and I got in one PACK at the new location before heading to Bulgaria for work for two months - my running buddy Chai was ready to go
While in Bulgaria, I couldn't stay away from the pups and volunteered at a local shelter there. Check out my post about that here - PACK in Sofia
My first running buddy after returning home was Angelina, who knew shake
And then sweet Amelia who loved to lick your face
I had the pleasure of running with one of our first returns from the new shelter, Hawthorne
Then beautiful Tesla
Polly was another returnee - full of energy as she was, one of the wonderful volunteers at OG fostered her until she found her furever home
Goofy Abelard was the first pup to join me in July
Then Eugene the horse
August brought Hakeem and I together for a run
In summer, we typically hike and then let the pups play in the creek, like Ellie here
and Zipper
Then a few outings with Bambi

Hanging out at the turn around point in Rock Creek Park
In October I ran with Comet, who was as fast as a Comet
Then huggy Lisa
And adorable Shii
Was out of town for half of November, so only ran with one pup, Rocky
In December, we had to cancel PACK a few times, so again only one run with a pup, Bongo
Last year I ended on a sad note, so this year I'm changing that and ending on a happy note - My brother adopted one of our PACK pups in October!
Here is Tucker (formerly Smokey)




















1 comment:
شركة تنظيف سيارات بالرياض
Post a Comment